Wednesday, November 3, 2010



i used to have this pillow.
i have had it as early as i can remember.

my mom tried so many times to replace it,
but i would still know the difference.
 
it had a unique texture,
a distinct smell,
that of my sweat, drool,
and all of my bodily fluids.
 
once i was asked,
if it was the end of the world
and there was only one thing i could save
i answered, instantaneously:
"my pillow".
 
but it was more than just a stinky old bag of cotton.
 
it has been
my security blanket,
my punching bag,
my cushion to cry on;
 
my pretend lover,
my cuddling buddy,
my staunchest confidante,
my friend.
 

i miss that damn pillow.


3 comments:

Fickle Cattle said...

Hahaha. That's cute.

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

theunworthybeliever said...

why, thanks fickle!

your user name is cute too

^^

vthefantastic said...

my secret lover. i used to imagine a big curve on my pillow as my crushes' butt.

ah, childhood and romance. =)