Wednesday, May 28, 2008

yahoo!


had an interview this morning at yahoo philippines.

for partner account manager.

i kinda knew from the start that it was a long shot.
that being short-listed was already something.

but can you blame me if my delusion of being a corporate hotshot came rushing back after seeing all these yuppies with their shiny briefcases strutting down the plush streets of bonifacio global city?

suddenly i wanted the job. badly.

although i had this feeling they were initially impressed with my credentials, the interview was a complete disaster.

well, at least that was what i thought.

i guess i was too intimidated. overwhelmed even.
or i just didn't do my homework.
or i am simply not ready for it yet.
because even if i get the job, i'm not sure if i will be able to deliver.


but when will i ever be ready?

and when i am, who will still be there to hire me?

i was rejected by google.
now my application for yahoo is not looking good.

i used to be resilient. and persistent.
but this time i don't know if i would still be able to move forward.

it's getting hopeless.

all i do is try.

i think i've tried enough.
i can only try so much.

i'm tired. really.

2 comments:

vthefantastic said...

"there's no one who can best motivate us but ourselves." that's the genius/inspirational reply people tend to throw to other people.

baaaauuuuht. that's not true all the time.

hmn. i got rejected too, several times by many people. i remember this snotty agency (ehem ogilvy) who didn't even call. i don't think my CV even reached HR by the looks of that snobbish lobby girl who literally looked down on me from her high chair as i pulled out my CV from a plastic of National Book Store. evil girl.

but iff ogilvy got me, i wouldnt have returned to bates. i wouldnt have been selected as change agent. i wouldnt have shared on my blog the work i did as a change agent. and i wouldnt have been "discovered" by my former boss from client. i wouldnt be here if i didnt get rejected.

so evil girl was actually god-sent. the girl or the National Book Store plastic.

SOOOO...

my unsolicited advice to you my friend, seek to do what you do best in the best place that you can and not be in a company that looks good on your ID. like yahoo.

=)

cheeeeerio!

theunworthybeliever said...

and there's no better self-motivator than rejection. well, at least for me.

and boy do i know how it is to be rejected. whatever it is i have accomplished so far, i did because i didn't stop trying.

it has always been my dream to be in advertising. i think i've sent my resume to every agency there was at that time. but i never got a call also. well, i got a call from saatchi but they rejected me too. twice. in fact, i too have a memorable experience with their receptionist. i will never forget how she received my portfolio (that looked more like a high school project with cut-outs and all) with a smirk. i also don't think it reached hr. i don't even think it went beyond the reception area. haha. but still, i didn't stop there.

after a few years, i tried again. i told myself it was going to be my last try. if i didn't make it, then it was really just not for me. i made it to the final interview with the ceo. i thought i was as good as in. but as fate had it, i didn't get the job.

i also know when to stop. i always try again. but not to the point of trying too hard.

i guess you're right. there must be a reason for all this. maybe there is something better out there still in store for me. i just hope i realize it before it's too late.

it would have been nice to know how it feels like to work in an agency though.

oh well.